Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- CJLT’s review process is conducted electronically using the OJS online submission system. Articles must be uploaded in Microsoft Word (.doc) format.
Articles must be prepared in letter format, double spaced, and fall within 5000 – 6500 words, including references, figures, and tables (not to exceed 7000 words).
If you are submitting a Note, Article, Research Report, or Book Review, you have clearly indicated this in the metadata and note to Editor.
- Abstract (not more than 200 words) and Keywords (at least 4) must follow the title.
- Titles must not be more than 12 words and must not include a question.
- Tables, figures, references, and appendices must be placed within the article and included in the wordcount.
- The submission must be accompanied by a letter stating that the manuscript is original material that has not been published and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- If the manuscript contains copyright materials, the author should note this in the cover letter and indicate when letters of permission will be forwarded to the Editor.
Full author names, affiliations, and email addresses must be represented on the article and within the metadata, completed upon initial submission.
A title page identifying the full author names, affiliations, and email addresses must be submitted.
- Authors must submit an original and blinded copy of their article. Authors must follow the instructions in the "Ensuring a Blind Review" document (available in the submission upload area) to ensure that all no identifiers are in the blinded copy of their article.
- All electronic references include the DOI if available. If no DOI has been issued, the URL should be included in the reference. References will be included in the wordcount.
- If the submission is for a Special Issue, indicate the name of the special issue in the title and editor comment section.
- Authors have read our Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement.
The text must adhere to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
Articles must be formatted according to the most current APA style guidelines (7th edition, 2020)
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under an International Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License (CC-BY-NC 4.0) that allows others to share the work for non-commercial purposes, with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.