Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Length: Be sure your manuscript meets the length requirements: major papers should be no shorter than 10 pages (double-spaced) of text and no longer than 25-30 pages (double-spaced) of text.
Cover Letters (will only accessible by the Editors-in-Chief) should be in plain text and include:
1. Author Information
a) Full name(s)
b) Email address(es)
c) Institution or academic affiliation (include your department in parentheses, if applicable)
d) Author order (the submitting author will be the corresponding author unless otherwise noted)
2. Article Title
3. Shortened Title (50 characters or less)
5. Subject Area (Please choose from: Archaeology, Biological Anthropology, Linguistics, Sociocultural Anthropology, or state and explain the other)
6. Type of Submission (article, book review, etc.)
1. Approximately 250 words summarizing the main points of your article
2. Please use plain text to make your abstract accessible to all readers
1. Plain text
2. The submission file is in (.doc) or (.docx) only
4. Uses 12-point font
5. Employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses)
6. Illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points rather than at the end.
1. Please follow the style guide outlined in the Author Guidelines (Current Anthropology)
2. Where available, please provide URLs for references
3. If a reference would reveal your identity, please place "author" in lieu of your name.
The Creative Commons-Attribution License 4.0 International applies to all works published by Compass. Authors will retain copyright of the work. This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation.
Attribution CC BY
Authors are assured that their name and email address will not be used for other purposes.