EBLIP5 Call for Papers
AbstractThe International Programme Committee for the 5th International Evidence Based Library and Information Practice (EBLIP5) Conference invites you to submit oral presentations and posters for the conference, Bridging the Gap, to be held in Stockholm, Sweden from 29 June – 3 July 2009.
We seek to build on the success of past conferences by including more disciplines, more sectors, more countries and more professional roles than ever before!
The International Programme Committee for EBLIP5 invites research papers, reports of innovative practice and hot topic discussion papers. Key themes include, but are by no means limited to, the following:
Bridging the gap…the Who?
• ...between disciplines - communications and information studies; health and social care
• ...between sectors - public and private sectors; health library sector/wider library information service sectors including academic, public, and special libraries; archivists and local libraries and collections
• ...between cultures - developed and developing world; librarianship cultures; English speaking/other speaking countries
Bridging the gap…the What?
• ...the “implementation gap” - principles and practice; research/practice; research/policy; experiment/implementation; tradition/innovation; innovation and disinvestment; reflection and action, knowledge/action; personal learning to professional practice
• ...the “expectation gap” - library services and user needs; the e-generation and the physical library
• ...the “experimentation gap” – data and results; R&D and EBLIP; information seeking research/information literacy teaching; implementation and evaluation
• ...the “skills gap” – practitioner knowledge and skills; librarians and research skills; leadership and implementation
Bridging the gap…the How?
• ...using marketing/advocacy
• ...using data mining and management tools
• ...through collaborative working (with teachers, with academics)
• ...through communication (internal and external)
• ...through management support and leadership
• ...through international co-operation
Abstract submission for oral presentations and posters is by e-mail to EBLIP5@kib.ki.se.
• Abstracts to be submitted by 31 October 2008.
• Notification of acceptance will be received by 31 January 2009.
• Confirmation of participation by mid-February 2009.
• Registration opens in March 2009.
• Deadline for submission of full papers - June 2009.
See the conference video at .
Download data is not yet available.
How to Cite
Editorial Team. (2008). EBLIP5 Call for Papers. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 3(3), 99–100. https://doi.org/10.18438/B8931Z
The Creative Commons-Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike License 4.0 International applies to all works published by Evidence Based Library and Information Practice. Authors will retain copyright of the work.