Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The manuscript is of sociological relevance or within the scope of sociology and is cited in APA (6th Edition) citation format. Please note that submissions that do not properly follow APA (6th Edition) citation style will not be reviewed.
- The text is double-spaced; uses Times New Roman in 12 pt font; and all illustrations, figures, and tables follow APA (6th Edition) citation format.
- The reference list is double-spaced, uses Times New Roman in 12 pt font, follows APA (6th Edition) citation format, and has been uploaded.
- The manuscript is not a book review or book report.
- All documents are saved in Microsoft word as either .doc or .docx.
- The instructions for Ensuring a Blind Review has been followed.
- The manuscript has not been published in or submitted to another academic journal.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).